easy tips to learn about hardware
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

easiest tips to learn hardware

+20
dewde
bestseoservices
kreams
jvpl
osebho
remmaada
anokhi
language
brucely
rahulmittal
poonamthacker
rishi
reidderick
Harry
reymond
Brett
rahul
jitendrakumar
Aridaman
Admin
24 posters

Go down

easiest tips to learn hardware Empty easiest tips to learn hardware

Post  Admin Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:07 pm

Computer hardware
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Contents [hide]
1 Typical PC hardware
1.1 Motherboard
1.2 Power supply
1.3 Storage controllers
1.4 Video display controller
1.5 Removable media devices
1.6 Internal storage
1.7 Sound card
1.8 Networking
1.9 Other peripherals
1.9.1 Input
1.9.2 Output
2 See also
3 External Links

[edit] Typical PC hardware
A typical personal computer consists of a case or chassis in a tower shape (desktop) and the following parts:

Internals of typical personal computer.
Inside a Custom Computer.
[edit] Motherboard
Motherboard - It is the "body" or mainframe of the computer, through which all other components interface.
Central processing unit (CPU) - Performs most of the calculations which enable a computer to function, sometimes referred to as the "brain" of the computer.
Computer fan - Used to lower the temperature of the computer; a fan is almost always attached to the CPU, and the computer case will generally have several fans to maintain a constant airflow. Liquid cooling can also be used to cool a computer, though it focuses more on individual parts rather than the overall temperature inside the chassis.
Random Access Memory (RAM) -It is also known as the physical memory of the computer. Fast-access memory that is cleared when the computer is powered-down. RAM attaches directly to the motherboard, and is used to store programs that are currently running.
Firmware is loaded from the Read only memory ROM run from the Basic Input-Output System (BIOS) or in newer systems Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) compliant
Internal Buses - Connections to various internal components.
PCI (being phased out for graphic cards but still used for other uses)
PCI-E
ISA (obsolete in PCs, but still used in industrial computers)
USB
HyperTransport
CSI (expected in 2008)
AGP (being phased out)
VLB (outdated)
External Bus Controllers - used to connect to external peripherals, such as printers and input devices. These ports may also be based upon expansion cards, attached to the internal buses.

[edit] Power supply
Main article: Computer power supply
A case control, and (usually) a cooling fan, and supplies power to run the rest of the computer, the most common types of power supplies are AT and BabyAT (old) but the standard for PCs actually are ATX and Micro ATX.

[edit] Storage controllers
Controllers for hard disk, CD-ROM and other drives like internal Zip and Jaz conventionally for a PC are IDE/ATA; the controllers sit directly on the motherboard (on-board) or on expansion cards, such as a Disk array controller. IDE is usually integrated, unlike SCSI Small Computer System Interface which can be found in some servers. The floppy drive interface is a legacy MFM interface which is now slowly disappearing. All these interfaces are gradually being phased out to be replaced by SATA and SAS.

[edit] Video display controller
Main article: Graphics card
Produces the output for the visual display unit. This will either be built into the motherboard or attached in its own separate slot (PCI, PCI-E, PCI-E 2.0, or AGP), in the form of a Graphics Card.

[edit] Removable media devices
Main article: Computer storage
CD (compact disc) - the most common type of removable media, inexpensive but has a short life-span.
CD-ROM Drive - a device used for reading data from a CD.
CD Writer - a device used for both reading and writing data to and from a CD.
DVD (digital versatile disc) - a popular type of removable media that is the same dimensions as a CD but stores up to 6 times as much information. It is the most common way of transferring digital video.
DVD-ROM Drive - a device used for reading data from a DVD.
DVD Writer - a device used for both reading and writing data to and from a DVD.
DVD-RAM Drive - a device used for rapid writing and reading of data from a special type of DVD.
Blu-ray - a high-density optical disc format for the storage of digital information, including high-definition video.
BD-ROM Drive - a device used for reading data from a Blu-ray disc.
BD Writer - a device used for both reading and writing data to and from a Blu-ray disc.
HD DVD - a high-density optical disc format and successor to the standard DVD. It was a discontinued competitor to the Blu-ray format.
Floppy disk - an outdated storage device consisting of a thin disk of a flexible magnetic storage medium.
Zip drive - an outdated medium-capacity removable disk storage system, first introduced by Iomega in 1994.
USB flash drive - a flash memory data storage device integrated with a USB interface, typically small, lightweight, removable, and rewritable.
Tape drive - a device that reads and writes data on a magnetic tape,used for long term storage.

[edit] Internal storage
Hardware that keeps data inside the computer for later use and remains persistent even when the computer has no power.

Hard disk - for medium-term storage of data.
Solid-state drive - a device similar to hard disk, but containing no moving parts.
Disk array controller - a device to manage several hard disks, to achieve performance or reliability improvement.

[edit] Sound card
Main article: Sound card
Enables the computer to output sound to audio devices, as well as accept input from a microphone. Most modern computers have sound cards built-in to the motherboard, though it is common for a user to install a separate sound card as an upgrade.

[edit] Networking
Main article: Computer networks
Connects the computer to the Internet and/or other computers.

Modem - for dial-up connections
Network card - for DSL/Cable internet, and/or connecting to other computers.
Direct Cable Connection - Use of a null modem, connecting two computers together using their serial ports or a Laplink Cable, connecting two computers together with their parallel ports.
dial up connections broad band connections

[edit] Other peripherals
Main article: Peripheral
In addition, hardware devices can include external components of a computer system. The following are either standard or very common.

Wheel mouseIncludes various input and output devices, usually external to the computer system

[edit] Input
Main article: Input
Text input devices
Keyboard - a device to input text and characters by depressing buttons (referred to as keys), similar to a typewriter. The most common English-language key layout is the QWERTY layout.
Pointing devices
Mouse - a pointing device that detects two dimensional motion relative to its supporting surface.
Trackball - a pointing device consisting of an exposed protruding ball housed in a socket that detects rotation about two axes.
Xbox 360 Controller - A controller used for Xbox 360, which can be used as an additional pointing device with the left or right thumbstick with the use of the application Switchblade(tm), .
Gaming devices
Joystick - a general control device that consists of a handheld stick that pivots around one end, to detect angles in two or three dimensions.
Gamepad - a general handheld game controller that relies on the digits (especially thumbs) to provide input.
Game controller - a specific type of controller specialized for certain gaming purposes.
Image, Video input devices
Image scanner - a device that provides input by analyzing images, printed text, handwriting, or an object.
Webcam - a low resolution video camera used to provide visual input that can be easily transferred over the internet.
Audio input devices
Microphone - an acoustic sensor that provides input by converting sound into electrical signals

[edit] Output
Main article: Output
Image, Video output devices
Printer
Monitor
Audio output devices
Speakers
Headset

[edit] See also
Electronics portal
Wikimedia Commons has media related to:
Computer hardwareComputer architecture
Digital circuit
Green computing
History of computing hardware
Origins of computer terms
Open hardware
Optical computer
DNA computing
Legacy system
E-waste

Admin
Admin

http://hardware.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

easiest tips to learn hardware Empty Computer Hardware

Post  Aridaman Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:29 pm

I think the person who knows software; he/she should also know hardware. He can gain some brief knowledge from this forum, and can increase his/her knowledge in computer field.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Local florists list [url=http://www.cheaponline-loans.co.uk/h

Aridaman

Back to top Go down

easiest tips to learn hardware Empty Learn hardware

Post  jitendrakumar Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:54 am

Hi

This is very informative and knowledgeable site which is quite helpful for those who are related to Hardware field. I really appreciate it. This is very useful for those people who want to learn about Hardware, they can learn very easily through this site.

Thanks ……………………..

Jitendra kumar

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Local florists list no credit check loans anuncios vilafranca del penedes download cell phone ringtones

jitendrakumar

Back to top Go down

easiest tips to learn hardware Empty easiest tips to learn hardware

Post  Admin Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:24 am

Hi,

This site includes the easiest tips to learn about hardware, i am a learner and need lots of knowledge about hardware this site is very helpful to me, i read all the tips of this site very carefully and use it in my daily tasks. Thank you to the site developer please describes the more information regarding the hardware.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Deepak.

Buy flowers in Houston no credit check loans pisos vilafranca ringtones for the iPhone

Admin
Admin

http://hardware.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

easiest tips to learn hardware Empty Thanks

Post  rahul Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:34 am

Hello,

this site contain all the importent tips for learn hardware very easily. i am a beginner of computer hardware and i really collect very much information from this site. i suggest people who is really wants to learn about hardware please come to this site this will really helps you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Local florists list no credit check loans anuncios vilafranca del penedes download cell phone ringtones

rahul

Back to top Go down

easiest tips to learn hardware Empty Biginers of hardware.

Post  Brett Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Hi,
I want to know more about Red Hat. Please share your knowledge with me .I have read your article which is really appriciable and also please suggest me some more links regarding to Red Hat.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Houston virtual florist loans with no credit check pisos vilafranca ringtones for the iPhone

Brett

Back to top Go down

easiest tips to learn hardware Empty Re: easiest tips to learn hardware

Post  reymond Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:31 pm

Now everybody has a comuter and it's use in home, offices, shops, and each and every sector and after this article read out we can repair our computer's easily and we can save our money also

Find a florist in Phoenix cheapest loans casas vilafranca ringtone downloads

reymond

Back to top Go down

easiest tips to learn hardware Empty Computer Hardware

Post  Harry Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:06 pm

As we all knows that today in this technical world approximate everyone uses the computer. As usual it works totally on technology it can create more or less while working, so you should handle it yourself. If you are aware of the hardware you can take help through this forum.

Houston Best Florist loans with no credit check pisos vilafranca download iPhone ringtones

Harry

Back to top Go down

easiest tips to learn hardware Empty computer hardware

Post  reidderick Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:06 pm

hello this site contain all the information about how to learn computer hardware this is very usefull site for vomputer student they can easily get some importent knowledge with the help of these tips because this site contain some importent tips regarding the computer hardware

___________________________________________________________________________________________

reidderick

Back to top Go down

Post  rishi Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:01 am

hi
Right after I purchased my HP dv5003cl laptop about 18 months ago, I was digging around in Device Manager, and noticed something peculiar. According to Device Manager, I had four USB root hubs, but my laptop has only two USB ports. With each root hub capable of driving two USB ports, I figured I was six ports short. Where were they? It wasn't until I stumbled across a too-good-to-miss weekend sale on an HP QuickDock port replicator and docking station that I realized what was going on: there were the six "missing" USB ports
_____________________________________________________________________________________
medium format digital general dentistry raleigh

rishi

Back to top Go down

easiest tips to learn hardware Empty Thanks a bunch!

Post  poonamthacker Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:02 am

Hi all,
Well to start with I had no idea about hardware. But after reading this forum I am glad and very thankful at the same time. This information has helped me to a great extent. Now I can easily understand the other related terms to hardware. Thanks once again. Keep up the good work. flower
poonam
_________________________________________________________________________________________
dallas mortgage companies Car Transport

poonamthacker

Back to top Go down

easiest tips to learn hardware Empty Re: Easy tips to learn hardware

Post  rahulmittal Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:35 am

There’s not many free pc hardware tutorials. I have not seen any for free. but if you go to you tube www.youtube.com in the search tab put pc hardware and you can see tutorials on mobo graphic card and build pc’s etc.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Rahul

digital backs family dentistry raleigh

rahulmittal

Back to top Go down

easiest tips to learn hardware Empty tips about hardware

Post  brucely Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:14 pm

Thank you for your tips in hardware. This tips are very useful to me it will be help full on my job. At present i am working as a system administrator.

brucely

Back to top Go down

Post  language Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:26 pm

Hello,
Being a very wide field, the scope of employment in tourism sector is very bright and the potential is still largely untapped. Career opportunities exist both in the public and private sector. In the public sector, there are opportunities in the Directorates and Departments of Tourism of the center and the state as Officers, information assistants, Tourist guides etc. Another good prospectus for qualified tourism professionals are in the private sector with travel agencies, tour operators, airlines, hotels, transport and cargo companies etc.

=======================================================================

dallas mortgage companies general dentistry raleigh

language

Back to top Go down

Post  anokhi Sat May 15, 2010 10:19 pm

i am a learner and need lots of knowledge about hardware this site is very helpful to me, i read all the tips of this site very carefully and use it in my daily tasks. Thank you to the site developer please describes the more information regarding the hardware.

anokhi

Back to top Go down

Post  remmaada Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:03 am

This is very useful for those people who want to learn about Hardware, they can learn very easily through this site.

remmaada

Back to top Go down

Post  osebho Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:24 pm

This is very useful for those people who want to learn about Hardware, they can learn very easily through this site.

osebho

Back to top Go down

Post  jvpl Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:19 am

i am a learner and need lots of knowledge about hardware this site is very helpful to me, i read all the tips of this site very carefully and use it in my daily tasks.

jvpl

Back to top Go down

Post  kreams Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:03 am

This is very informative and knowledgeable site which is quite helpful for those who are related to Hardware field. I really appreciate it.

kreams

Back to top Go down

Post  bestseoservices Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:32 am

[quote="Aridaman"]I think the person who knows software; he/she should also know hardware. He can gain some brief knowledge from this forum, and can increase his/her knowledge in computer field.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the person who knows software; he/she should also know hardware. He can gain some brief knowledge from this forum, and can increase his/her knowledge in computer field.

bestseoservices

Back to top Go down

Post  dewde Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:23 pm

Hardware that keeps data inside the computer for later use and remains persistent even when the computer has no power.
People Quotes
Famous People Quotes and Sayings

dewde

Back to top Go down

easiest tips to learn hardware Empty Software

Post  door Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:03 am

Random Access Memory (RAM) -It is also known as the physical memory of the computer. Fast-access memory that is cleared when the computer is powered-down. RAM attaches directly to the motherboard, and is used to store programs that are currently running.
Firmware is loaded from the Read only memory ROM run from the Basic Input-Output System (BIOS) or in newer systems Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) compliant
Internal Buses - Connections to various internal components.

Noise Cancelling Headphones
Noise Cancellation Headphones
-----------------

door

Back to top Go down

easiest tips to learn hardware Empty cheap

Post  mail Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:32 am

mail

Back to top Go down

Post  neemasen Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:46 am

neemasen

Back to top Go down

Post  nikki Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:15 am

A disk imaging tool is a computer builder's secret weapon for quickly moving data from one computer to the next. Make sure you familiarize yourself with these tools as they will save you a lot of time.

nikki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down